MomsBasement
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Craftaholic? Guilty as Charged.

3 posters

Go down

Craftaholic? Guilty as Charged. Empty Craftaholic? Guilty as Charged.

Post  Nerdifacts Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:59 pm

Hey everyone! Maria here, and I'm one of those must-craft-everywhere-I-go types. I usually always have a ball of yarn and my crochet hooks in my purse, and I get stir crazy if I have to sit through a whole movie without making anything while I'm doing it. My brother calls me a portable-hoarder because I bring so much stuff along to family dinners or for a hang-out at his place.

I'm not in school at the moment, but graduated from the University of Guelph with a degree in Commerce specializing in Marketing, and am 4 credits shy of an Arts degree in Philosophy. I miss being a student. The full time job of learning was always my favourite, but hopefully creative crafting will be a full time thing at some point in my future.

My craftspace is a worktable in my tv room (my fiancee Jim and I have a small 2 bedroom apartment, his 12 year old daughter is with us for half of every month so I figured she could use her own room Wink ) and the nearest bookshelves contain copies of some Wheel of Time, Lord of the Rings, novel adaptations for things like Star Wars, Harry Potter Books, and lots and lots of comics; all of which I use for my jewelry, and I have a big container full of yarn for things like wristwarmers. Other than my supplies, I'm surrounded by our entire collection of literature (Chuck Palahniuk, Kurt Vonnegut, Anne McCaffrey, Robert Jordan to name a few) and our too big collection of around 500 dvd's. Please note, we don't have cable, so technically, we don't think this amount is excessive Smile We have 2 tv's on one wall, which I think is essential for a good relationship where video games are involved. I know a lot of you are gamer girls, but I never really got past Nintendo 64, so since we don't have any retro game systems (how did that happen?!) I don't play too often, but never have to ask JIm to turn off a game so that I can watch something.

Heck yes I have a superpower! I'm probably the happiest girl you'll ever meet. I've always been on the positive side of the personality spectrum, and I'm really good at giggling. "She's got a case of the giggles," is something that is often said about me. It's no surprise that I love rainbows, and still want a flying unicorn. Oh, and I have a Lisa Frank poster beside my worktable, a Scary Spice doll on my windowsill, and fairy figurines peeking out of my houseplants.

So that's me in a large nutshell.

Can't wait to get to know you all better!

Nerdifacts

Back to top Go down

Craftaholic? Guilty as Charged. Empty Re: Craftaholic? Guilty as Charged.

Post  aliaghoul Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:46 am

I am also one of those people that has to craft wherever I go. I'm a total multi-tasker so I can fit more things into my day, and I also do crafts while watching movies. Smile
aliaghoul
aliaghoul

http://outpost8.etsy.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nerdifacts Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:50 pm

It just feels like you're wasting time otherwise!

Nerdifacts

Back to top Go down

Post  Kokoba Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:45 am

My first "need it wherever I go!" addiction will always be books, but I still feel you on the craft thing. My Viking knit projects always get odd looks at the bar (it looks gorgeous finished but fucking weird beforehand), but it's nice to have something to keep me busy while I wait for friends to show up or whatever. Plus crafts of any kind also make for a good conversation piece (if you are a socially awkward weirdo like me).

Kokoba

http://kokoba42.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum