MomsBasement
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi Basement Dwellers!

Go down

Hi Basement Dwellers! Empty Hi Basement Dwellers!

Post  aliaghoul Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:18 am

Hi! I'm Alia and I'm writing the geeky art section of MB. I have two Etsy shops, Outpost 8 - where I sell my gamer and geek jewelry, and Blastland - where I sell post-apocalyptic and found object jewelry. My Etsy shops are my full time job and supported us after my husband lost his job. I'm so grateful I can make geeky crafts for a living!
I was named after Alia Atreides from the book Dune. My mother is a painter and jewelry maker so it was only natural I follow the same path. I work with polymer clay, tiny bottles, found objects, and when I get the time I like to paint landscapes and crochet amigurumi. I love video games - particularly the Fallout series, and old skool classics. I also love jewelry, art, Dragon Ball Z, sci-fi and horror books (and movies), typewriters, antiques, and the desert. I also am really into post-apocalyptic anything (I blame Mad Max and the first Fallouts), such as jewelry, clothing, books, movies, etc.
I used to consider myself more of a writer than an artist, until I discovered I had a knack for working with polymer clay. My novel on the other hand, has been unfinished for almost 15 years. Actually, it's been written about six times, but I keep revising it. I do like to write short stories, but I seem to have a lot more inspiration for art than I do for my writing.
I'm 28 years old and married to a geeky bartender. We have a 6 year old son who is following in our gamer footsteps. My husband just got a new job in our old hometown in Nevada and we are very excited to be moving back there soon (we are in Idaho right now.)
I think our MB community is really awesome and I'm glad to be a part of it and get to know all of you!
~Alia
outpost8.etsy.com
blastland.etsy.com
sexyghoul84.deviantart.com
aliaghoul
aliaghoul

http://outpost8.etsy.com

Back to top Go down